image

image

Saturday, August 20, 2011

drumroll pleaseeeeeee: announcing my tips of the day!

ok so on my way back from visiting my old friend in boston I managed to avoid all traffic until I was just a half hour away from my house. THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO ME. (i mean traffic always happens to me, making it so close to home without hitting traffic, THAT was the exciting part) no joke. i have the uncanny ability to not only get lost everywhere i go, but to also find myself smack in the middle of traffic jams. It dosen't matter what time I leave the house, what day it is, or my destination, I still manage to add atleast an hour and a half (at the least!) to any traveling im doing. I don't really mind though, my friends have come to expect me hours later, and I've managed to locate the best places to stop along my most favorite routes to grab a coffee or refresh myself. truth be told , theres an outlet in ct with the cleanest bathrooms, and employees at the fossil store right next to it that know me by name when i walk in to say hi (my issues with public restrooms i'll save for another lovely post).



whoops...i definitely went off on a tangent there. my point was that I was almost home traffic free, which was a new experience for me: and then i got stuck in traffic, during which i was talkingto a friend about some issues she was having at work and she said that i was like her life coach because I always had good tips and advice for everyone when people talk to me about their current issues. (Please note, I never take my own advice, ever. For some reason I don't learn my lesson until I find out for myself) So I started making a list of "tips" I would love to give people about things I've noticed the last few weeks. so without further ado, my tips of the day (week, month, life, whatever)


#1: don't conduct your phone calls in a publicly, shared space (if it's not an emergency). It's rude, and people such as myself will feel compelled to contribute to the conversation. And i assure you, you don't sound that cool or important. You just sound like someone who wants complete strangers to know their business.




#2: don't sweat the small stuff. when the baker adds some yellow to the frosting of the birthday cake you ordered, it is not the end of the world. (I'm talking to you gabriella's mom, who was a complete stranger) Do not freak out. It's a cake. You will eat it, it will go into your belly and it'll come out...eventually in some way. In the grand scheme of things, your intense freak out over some yellow color not fitting into your envisioned color scheme is not that serious. better yet, make your own cake and save yourself the 300 dollars you shelled out to have someone else make the cake for your kids birthday. You might even find it relaxing. Trust me on this one. My brother and i still talk about the cakes my dad used to make for our birthdays. Im talking huge, mountains of frosting, awesome themed cakes. get over yourself, and bake your own.



#3. Nail salons (and for that matter hair salons, gyms, bookstores, coffee shops, restaurants, shoe stores and pretty much everywhere that is not your home) are not a free daycares. (disclaimer: i realize that you realistically can't just leave your kid with someone whenever you need to go out and do something, i went everywhere with my parents when i was little but i also knew to be quiet, polite, to entertain myself when necessary and my parents let me be a part of everything and explained things to me bc i was curious and asked questions, they didnt just ignore me) If you choose to bring your child with you to any and all of these places, you should be fully prepared to keep an eye on your kid. Don't take advantage of the employees at these places and assume they'll entertain your kid while youre getting whatever done. As I felt like telling Gabriella's mom while she was complaining about how awful her life was due to a cake fiasco and how awful her daughter was (Please refer to tips 1 and 2, these came up because of her) that no actually her daughter was not disturbing me during my manicure when she was repeatedly ramming her mini rolling chair into my chair, it was actually her who was bugging me more, for talking so badly about her five year old daughter and making the nice people at the nail salon chase after her daughter while she picked up everything she could reach, because mommy couldn't be bothered to get off the phone with every single person shes ever met, in order to complain about her life. Pay attention to your children! Love them, teach them, help their little minds grow! Don't ignore them and blame them for all your pretend issues.



my list goes on but i think i need a nap, and this is turning into a longish post. soo ill be back later :)



be brave loves,



No comments:

Post a Comment

say hello :)