image

image

Friday, June 15, 2012

friday's letters

Photobucket

dear friday: are you really here again? wow, that was a quick week. dear myself: why are you so awkward around new people. you stutter, you answer questions in a weird way, you make yourself sound like a b. dear dvr: you're like the greatest thing ever invented. besides, you know, electricty, the wheel and moving vehicles. dear hair: ofcourse you look better now when i'm home with no one to see me, instead of when I was at work for six hours. dear my new coworkers: let's get over this "i'm one of the new girls" business and head straight to the part where you want to get to know me and invite me out for after work drinks. i fall somewhere in the middle of your age ranges and have already discovered that we enjoy the same music, love of tattoos for some of you, and good taste in nail polish (again, for some of you). letsgettoit. dear my new profession: i hope i can get a handle on you. i need the money desperately. dear kid who almost punchd me in the face: i'm sorry for whatever is troubling you in life. i may never see you again, but i hope you turn out okay. dear coronarita: you looked pretty delish today when i saw tray after tray of you going out to guests. we are about to become best friends, i can tell. dear julie: thanks for making me go to kickboxing again yesterday. i was miserable and tired, but i really like the punching part. and today i felt sore all over the place, but i liked it anyway, it made me feel accomplished. let's go all the time when we can afford it. and let's actually go, not like our pretend gym membership. dearest etsy shop: i hope you work out. i like to make things, and it would be great if i could make some money off of it. besides, you're never too old to wear a bow. because being awesome is just something you have naturally.

with a heart full of hope & a mind full of dreams

xo
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about that kid who almost punched you in the face, that sounds kind of crazy. At least you are taking the higher ground...and if anything like that happens again, kickboxing should help. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem around new people lately! What is up with that!? I am following in ALL capacities! Loved the letters. Check mine out if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's always the worst at a new place! And I do the same thing... I either come off really shy & awkward, or like a total b*tch. Either way, it's not good! Hope you get to those after dinner drinks soon! = )

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, these are so great! Just found you through the link up. I'm definitely going to stick around and read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you through the link up. I'm awkward around new people, too.

    ReplyDelete

say hello :)