image

image

Monday, October 24, 2011

and some people refuse to settle, for anything less, than butterflies...

Love is like a butterfly;
If you chase it, it will always be beyond your reach.
But if you stand still, then it will come to rest gently on your shoulder.
-unknown



I've pretty much been a little crazy about worrying about my romantic future. I'm afraid that I've got desperate written across my forehead. It may even be possible that I talk about my lack of a love life to anyone and everyone I see on a regular basis. (ok so i basically know i do...but i've been making a conscious effort to stop)

It's just that I thought I'd be married by now, or atleast in a long term relationship with a wonderful man who couldn't wait to spend their life with me and me with them....right. I've been spending so much time worrying and wondering about when I'd meet the man who is going to change my life for the better, make me happier than I've ever been, just sweep me off my feet...I'm also worrying that I've been spending so much time wondering and worrying that I'm forgetting to live in the here and now. The thing is it's a little rough being the single girl among so many happy go lucky, contented coupled people. I don't know where or how to meet someone..the bar scene isnt working out...and I'm not in school anymore...and I don't work somewhere that I'm likely to meet anyone..

Maybe I'm alone here but I'd like to meet a guy who wants to get to know me. Someone who calls just to say hi, and dosen't play games. Someone who has dreams and is doing his best to make them a reality. I'd like to meet someone who sees me across the room and smiles ear to ear. Someone who kisses me often and hugs me without caring who sees. Someone who has family values regardless of what kind of family they come from. Someone who laughs at my jokes and thinks the little quirks I have are adorable even if they are weird. Someone who will fight for me, and stand beside me, who will protect me and defend me. Someone who dosen't push me for more than I'm ready for and understands that I want to take it slow. Someone who would never betray me or take me for granted. Someone who tells me I'm beautiful every day, even when I'm just waking up and have awful bed hair and sleep eyes.Someone who is so amazingly kind, honest, respectful, just good that they make me want to be a better person. Someone who will grab me and spin me around on a dance floor without minding my lack of rythym but loves staying home and snuggling on the couch with me just as much. Someone who is made up of so many things...more than I can write about. Sure there's tons of physical things I'd like in my future love too, but that dosen't really matter. When I meet him, he'll be everything I've ever wanted in a man, and I'll just think to myself "yes, there you are." And he'll be not so perfect, but he'll be perfect for me. Everything I ever thought I wanted in a man, and so many more things I didn't know I was looking for.

So wherever you are my future love, whether you turn out to be the man I marry or just the man who helps me believe in love again, maybe I already know you, or you're just around the corner, I'm waiting for you. No, I'm not idily sitting by waiting for you to show up on my doorstep, not anymore atleast. But I'm waiting for you, with open arms, a funny joke, a heart full of hope, and a mind full of dreams of a future together with you.



be brave loves,

1 comment:

  1. I think I've met every single guy I've dated through a friend, so I'm probably the worst person to take advice from, howeverrrr - I know it sounds kinda crazy, but i've heard great things from people in relationships through match.com or other social networking things.

    or hey, my boyfriend has a ton of single friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete

say hello :)