image

image

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

back in the dark ages




via pinterest

So the internet went out randomly in my house three days ago, and I'm pretty much having withdrawals.It's not even like I use it every single day...okay yes I do. I have a major slight addiction to facebook, pinterest and online window shopping and not even having the option to waste hours of my life doing those things in the comfort of my pajamas...i mean home is making me a little nuts. I've had so much to say in just the last few days and wanted to share with you, my real life and bloggy friends, but I've only just today managed to make it to the library after work to take advantage of their free internet and wouldn't you know I left both my laptop and my flash drive sitting in my bedroom. Note to self: Self, get yourself together earlier before you need to house so you can make sure you have everything, and thus aren't writing about your dependency issues regarding modern technology. Not to mention the fact that I need to get myself back on track on the grown up career job hunt. Which so far has been mighty discouraging...to say the least. Where did the last few years go? Why am I suddenly, yet again, finding myself confused about where I want to go in my life, and what I want to do?  Why am I reliving my teenage years at home with my parents, just with a slightly better complexion and no curfew? Why am I handing out congratulations to newly engaged, newly married, newly made parents every single day, all day on my facebook, while I myself am so far behind in all of those aspects..... WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?!


Clearly, I am having issues. It's been a rough few days, and I've been having a pity party with only myself on the guest list. I'm venting, and whining, and generally feeling sorry for myself...and even I'm getting tired of hearing myself complain so I don't really blame anyone else who might be either. Well...the days not over yet, so I can still turn it around. No one's going to hire me if they don't know I exist, same goes for my love life. Unless my parents bring back arranged marriages, my prince charming isn't going to show up at my front door looking for me. Don't think my mom won't start trying her hand at match making soon though. She has been known to start up conversations with random young men whenever she encounters them during her work day and commute to and from home, in order to discover if they are single and would like to date her daughter. I'm not kidding even a little bit. Even my dad is now on the quest to see me meet someone. Last week he called me when I was visiting my brother at the bar he works at, to let me know he was going to bed, and to ask if I was going to be bringing a guy home because he was okay with it. Again, I'm not even joking a teeny tiny bit. This is the norm in my house. This is my life.


sigh. sorry about the randomness and general woe is me feeling going on in this post. promise a more upbeat one next time :)

can something go my way this week? maybe? hopefully? 

be brave loves,

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hello :)